Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Welcome to Fall

For those of you freezing your hineys in the northern climes, we feel your pain. Rest assured, we too are feeling a little cold.

You see, our heat pump failed in early November, and we've decided to rely on the natural heat of the sun to heat our home until March arrives and it becomes time to ready the heat pump for the air conditioniong season.

Needless to say it's been rough. At least once our house got down into the 50s at night. We often are forced to wear sweaters around the house (gasp) and electric blankets have been used more than once. Fortunately the south end of the house is full of windows, and the sun warms the house into the low 70s most days.

In other weather news the last leaf fell off the backyard trees last week, signalling the official arrival of fall to our little corner. In honor of this occasion EJ, Hal and I had our annual leaf blowing/raking and mulching party on Saturday. It was a crisp 60 degrees, necessitating sweaters for EJ and me, and a hooded jacket for Hal.

I'm not sure how we'll survive until spring...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, must be rough with sweaters and everything. I hope you guys can somehow make it until spring. =)

    We'll be lucky to break into the double digits today. Maybe I should look for a job in the AZ . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll trade my furnace for your climate.

    ReplyDelete