Friday, March 8, 2013

Thomas' King Mule

Dean has been carrying Thomas in our Baby Bjorn a lot these days, even just around the house. Thomas has gotten so used to this, that now every time Dean walks into the room, Thomas' eyes don't leave Dean, and Thomas will cry and scream in protest if Dean leaves or doesn't pick him up. I think it's hilarious. I think Dean is flattered but also admits, "I'm his mule!" I think maybe he understands how I feel sometimes, the difference being I feel like a walking bar Thomas bellies up to. Honestly, though, I'm in no hurry for this sweet baby to grow up!

Over the years, as we are driving together with a baby and arrive at a destination (most especially church), we often say to each other, "Are you gonna be the king/ queen or the mule?" The sovereign carries the baby and the mule the baggage.





2 comments:

  1. That's funny! The bar at our house just closed and it was not a happy time for baby. Daddy became VERY popular in the mornings while I was being shunned!!

    ReplyDelete