
Two days ago, I pulled out the boxes of valentines that I picked up on clearance last year after Valentine's Day. When 3rd-grade Lucy saw that her box had Disney Princesses on it, she resolutely said, "Mom, these aren't gonna' work." Of course, homemade Egyptian valentines are in the make, but we may just end up running to the store for a box once her siblings are done with breathing treatments and not keeping down fever-reducing medicine for high fevers (and, by the way, thanks for all of your great counsel, Dr. Grandpa).
In addition, Lucy and EJ have recently taken up playing soccer. We saw soccer as a great opportunity for Lucy to learn good sportsmanship. She has learned great confidence. After a few practices, she announced that her team could beat anybody, even if they were 36. Of course, that age is just one year shy of her father's. Yesterday she said that her team had smoked all of the other teams in their games. I couldn't help but think of Mutti's blog post, "I Smoke" and laugh. I guess her team won't be needing a Giant Soccer-Kicking Bot anytime soon.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Lucy's Smokin'
Posted by
Laura Dee
at
2:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment