Saturday, March 7, 2009

Found a Puppy


If you know who the owner might be, let us know. We put up signs in our nearby park where we found him. We're keeping him in the backyard in the meantime, although HJ (now known as MMM) just said, "He's a beautiful dog." I don't even have to remind him that we have a newborn baby and that we can just barely take care of the four kids we've got. Tonight the dog's on the back porch with a blanket-lined cardboard doghouse and easy access to the lawn. He's got a thick fur coat, which may have fleas for all I know, and who knows if he's house-trained. Lucy has been trying to name him today--I tell her I don't want to name him after food. I think he looks like a thick fox: perhaps he could be Todd. HJ has a cousin named Todd. Oh, yeah--I don't want to name the dog.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness he is soooo cute! We are looking into getting a couple of puppies. But not til we get back from AZ next month. Are you going to be home? (around the 18th, that weekend anyway)
    I want to see you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who could resist those ears!!! I hope you keep him. (Although I do sympathize with the new baby.) Did Lucy figure out a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update: He's a she. I guess my dog anatomy isn't as strong as I thought. Good thing I'm not a vet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, we were all talking about Penny, or Copper Penny Clement, or Miss Moneypenny...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for Penny or Copper. (Not that I get a vote, but I think they're cute for the pretty girl.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linus votes for Penny. (Copper, he informs me, is the name of an element.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt says "Red" or "Robin". I like "Penny".

    ReplyDelete