Thursday, November 29, 2007

Peachy!


For you non-desert dwellers, these birds are frequent visitors to our back yard, called African Peach-faced Parrots. Their ancestors were somebody's pets who got loose a few years ago. They started breeding and thriving in the neighborhoods around our house. We like them, as they are some of the more entertaining birds around our neck of the woods.

There are six in this picture-four on the feeder, one on Lucy's swing, and one in the leaves on the left side of the tree.

Unfortunately, this is a pretty poor photo from a technical standpoint, but our birdfeeder is in a lousy location for taking pictures.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! For our wildlife just have rabbits, rabiits everywhere. When we first moved here we thought that was great -- then they ate our garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,
    Of course I remember you! I like your blog. Seeing your comment brought back memories of BYU that I've been burying-like when Erin and I put up the sign "vote Laura for Relief Society President" Do you remember? Fun times, fun times.

    ReplyDelete