Saturday, August 25, 2007

The blog you've all been hoping for... or not

Well, we’ve caved. Welcome to our family “blog”.

A few years ago I viewed blogging as way out in left field, something I only heard about on NPR and assumed must be the frenzied ravings of lunatics. More recently, it seems to have moved to more left-center field, where sane people such as my sisters and various friends post regularly. Someone really needs to come up with a better word for it though; “blog” is just a very phonetically challenged term, seemingly inadequate to describe a phenomenon as large is it has become. Anyway, I decided there must be something to it.

I have recently taken up personal history writing as a hobby; it seems I am falling into blogging as a natural extension of that hobby. And, since left field was my natural position back in the day, I figured I might fit into this blogging crowd. Honestly though, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts of family and friends, and figure that maybe someone might enjoy reading about our little family.


FYI: Since everyone in our family are all former “Supers” in the identity protection program, on this site our kids are called Lucy, EJ, and Prince Hal. I am Hans-Juergen and the better half of this partnership is Chickadeedee.


left--> right: EJ, Lucy, H-J, Chickadeedee, Prince Hal



EJ, Prince Hal, and Lucy unmasked


Both Chickadeedee and I will post to this site, primarily about family matters. For anyone interested in the inner workings of my crazed mind, you can click here. There you’ll find oddities from my career (stories about crazy patients, crazy doctors, etc), my inconsequential opinions about things that don’t matter, excerpts from my juicy personal history, etc.

Yours,
Hans-Juergen

No comments:

Post a Comment